This is simply delicious Italian cuisine. So tasty, so easy to make and great for the whole family!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 400°F
- 2Use a large saucepan to cook the macaroni in lightly salted boiling water according to pack instructions. Drain carefully in a colander.
- 3Melt the butter in another saucepan and stir in the flour and mustard to make a paste. Cook over a low heat for 1 minute, stirring all the time.
- 4Slowly whisk in the milk a little at a time until smooth, then simmer the sauce until thickened.
- 5Stir two-thirds of the cheese into the sauce, then mix in the macaroni and season to taste.
- 6Transfer the macaroni cheese to a baking dish, scraping out all the sauce with a wooden spoon, then level the top flat.
- 7Sprinkle over the crushed chips. Cover with the remaining cheese and cook in the oven for 20 minutes until golden and bubbling.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Topped Macaroni and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (361 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 937.4
- Calories from Fat 300
- Total Fat 33.4 g
- Saturated Fat 19.1 g
- Cholesterol 88.9 mg
- Sodium 444.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 122.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 35.5 g