Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Creamy sauce with a crunchy topping. A keeper!!
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 (8 ounce) container chive & onion cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup ranch dressing
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- 1 cup Ritz cracker, crushed and divided
- Preheat oven @ 375 degrees.
- Mix spinach, cream cheese spread, dressing, eggs and 3/4 cup of the shredded cheese in a large bowl.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of the crushed crackers.
- Spoon spinach mixture evenly into greased oven proof casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup crushed crackers and remaining 3/4 cup shredded cheese.
- Bake 20 - 25 minutes or until heated through and cheese on top is melted.
I sampled this at a holiday get together. It was well received by all but the youngest diners. It definitely adds a new dimension (& calories) to spinach and was attractive on the buffet table. The mixture was fairly thin in a flat pan & turned out a tad dry. I think it would be creamier if baked in a smaller pan and thicker layer.