Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Here is another delicious recipe to use up that glut of tomatoes from the garden!
- 4 slices brown bread
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 lbs fresh tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- salt and pepper
- Crumb bread in the food processor.
- heat butter, add crumbs, parsley and garlic.
- Fry gently for 10 minutes, until browned.
- Layer half of the crumbs, tomatoes and cheese in a buttered casserole dish.
- Sprinkle between layers with salt and pepper.
- Repeat layers, ending with cheese on top.
- Bake uncovered for 30 to 40 minutes at 350*F.