Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
From the back of a package of President's Choice tofu
- 1 (454 g) package medium firm tofu
- 1⁄4 cup safflower oil
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup szechwan spicy peanut satay sauce
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Drain tofu.
- Cut into 4 equal lengthwise slices.
- Place on a double thickness of tea towel, cover with another double thickness of tea towel and allow to stand for 15 minutes.
- Gently pat tofu dry.
- Using large nonstick frying pan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Coat tofu with cornstarch.
- Fry in hot oil until crispy and lightly coloured (about 4 to 5 minutes per side).
- Drain on paper towel.
- Place slices on dinner plate, drizzle with peanut sauce and sprinkle with green onions.
- Serve immediately.
Good preparation for tofu! I had never tried a preparation like this before for it, and it worked quite well. I served with Thai-Style Veggie Kabobs With Spicy Peanut Sauce and made extra of the peanut sauce with it so that it could work for both the kebabs and the tofu. Loved the combo. Thanks for sharing!
DH and I enjoyed this! I did use my Spicy Peanut Sauce. Also fried in oil with the addition of sesame oil for added flavor and aroma. I cut the tofu into 8 pieces to go father. Does take at least 5 minutes to fry per side and do be sure to make it hot oil! Thanks for the great eats!
Fast and easy! I have never made tofu this way, and I was happy with how crisp it turned out on the outside. I just fried in canola, since that's what I had. I had some leftover satay sauce from another recipe and was looking for something to use it. Drizzled with sesame oil when serving. I could see this being a good method with marinated tofu as well to have a bit more flavor if you are eating it alone. Thanks for sharing!