Recipe by Dreamer in Ontario
From the back of a package of President's Choice tofu
Top Review by Starrynews
Good preparation for tofu! I had never tried a preparation like this before for it, and it worked quite well. I served with Recipe #425268 and made extra of the peanut sauce with it so that it could work for both the kebabs and the tofu. Loved the combo. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 (454 g) package medium firm tofu
- 1⁄4 cup safflower oil
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup szechwan spicy peanut satay sauce
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain tofu.
- Cut into 4 equal lengthwise slices.
- Place on a double thickness of tea towel, cover with another double thickness of tea towel and allow to stand for 15 minutes.
- Gently pat tofu dry.
- Using large nonstick frying pan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Coat tofu with cornstarch.
- Fry in hot oil until crispy and lightly coloured (about 4 to 5 minutes per side).
- Drain on paper towel.
- Place slices on dinner plate, drizzle with peanut sauce and sprinkle with green onions.
- Serve immediately.