Recipe by Pinaygourmet #345142
I'm not a big fan of tofu but this one is a pretty good recipe and I think its worth a try. Serve in a bed of steamed basmati rice.
- 5 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
- 300 g firm tofu, cubed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon peeled and grated fresh gingerroot
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cooking wine
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 cups chopped mixed vegetables (e.g., broccoli, red bell peppers, carrots, mushrooms)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan or wok, heat 2 teaspoons (10 mL) sesame oil. Add tofu and stir-fry until golden and slightly crisp.
- Add garlic and ginger and cook until softened.
- In small bowl, combine next 7 ingredients and remaining sesame oil to create sauce.
- Add sauce and chopped vegetables to wok and stir-fry until vegetables are tender-crisp.