1/1 Photo of Crispy Tofu Inferno
Super crisp tofu cubes in a spicy and hot and crunchy vegetable stir fry sauce. Add whatever vegetables you like. Perfect way to use up leftover ready cooked basmati rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 250 g firm tofu
- 250 g cooked basmati rice (or yasmin)
- 1 zucchini (green parts, chopped in little cubes)
- 1 big carrot (in shaves, I use the mandolin)
- 1 teaspoon tamarind paste
- 1 tablespoon black bean sauce
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 -2 red chile
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (I like Kikkoman or Healthy Boy mushroom soy sauce)
- salt and pepper
- vegetable stock powder
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil (for frying)
- 1Prepare vegetables: Chop zucchini (green, firm bits) in tiny cubes. Shave carrot using the mandoline or chop in small cubes as well): Chop garlic and chilies.
- 2cut tofu in cubes (half inch size).
- 3heat peanut oil until very hot and add tofu cubes. Fry until very crisp i.e. a visible slighty golden layer forms on each side) and set aside when done.
- 4heat 2nd tablespoon of peanut oil and add vegetables including garlic and chopped chilies.
- 5fry until fragrant and add soy sauce (if you like you can also add a tad of water).
- 6add black bean sauce, tamarind paste, sesame oil and if you like a generous dash of vegetable stock powder.
- 7add rice to vegetables and incorporate tofu cubes.
- 8stir and season with salt and pepper and maybe additional soy sauce.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Tofu Inferno
Serving Size: 1 (467 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 465.2
- Calories from Fat 208
- Total Fat 23.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 558.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 19.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
black bean sauce