Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 12 ounces extra firm tofu
- 4 ounces vegetarian oyster sauce or 4 ounces sweet and sour sauce or 4 ounces barbecue sauce (or other favorite)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- garlic powder or other seasoning, as desired
- Coat a cookie sheet with oil.
- Slice tofu lengthwise, about 1/4 inch thick, and pat dry.
- Put the sauce into a dish, and dip each piece of tofu into the sauce, coating it well (I used barbecue sauce, and it was tasty).
- Place the tofu on the cookie sheet in a single layer (Pieces can be touching, but should not overlap).
- Sprinkle on desired seasoning.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes, depending on how crispy you like it.
- Some people like it very chewy, while others prefer it when it's still soft.
I really enjoyed this recipe, but some of my friends who aren't used to tofu weren't big fans, so it might not be the best thing to serve to the non-tofu oriented. For the rest of us, enjoy - it's a great recipe, and I used the leftovers for a tofu bbq sandwich which was quite yummy. Thanks!
This was an awesome recipe, I used the chile sauce and added garlic powder, ginger powder, salt and pepper and baked it for an hour....yummy, thanks!!
Sweet chilli sauce is the way to go! Good basic recipe. Twenty minutes worked well in my oven to get a crispy edge to the tofu.