Top Review by Odenata
I really enjoyed this recipe, but some of my friends who aren't used to tofu weren't big fans, so it might not be the best thing to serve to the non-tofu oriented. For the rest of us, enjoy - it's a great recipe, and I used the leftovers for a tofu bbq sandwich which was quite yummy. Thanks!
- 12 ounces extra firm tofu
- 4 ounces vegetarian oyster sauce or 4 ounces sweet and sour sauce or 4 ounces barbecue sauce (or other favorite)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- garlic powder or other seasoning, as desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat a cookie sheet with oil.
- Slice tofu lengthwise, about 1/4 inch thick, and pat dry.
- Put the sauce into a dish, and dip each piece of tofu into the sauce, coating it well (I used barbecue sauce, and it was tasty).
- Place the tofu on the cookie sheet in a single layer (Pieces can be touching, but should not overlap).
- Sprinkle on desired seasoning.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes, depending on how crispy you like it.
- Some people like it very chewy, while others prefer it when it's still soft.