Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 mins
Nice addition to your Christmas tray!
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- melted chocolate (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, peanuts and salt in food processor; process until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Combine sugar, butter and corn syrup in medium saucepan; bring to a full boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in peanut mixture and vanilla until well blended. Return pan to low heat to keep batter warm and pliable. Spoon 6 rounded half teaspoonfuls of batter 3 inches apart on one prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake exactly 4 minutes. While cookies are baking, spoon batter on second cookie sheet. When cookies have baked 4 minutes, immediately remove from oven. (Cookies will have very light color and will appear not to be completely baked.) Remove parchment paper, with cookies still on parchment, to wire rack to cool completely.
- While second batch of cookies is baking, line first cookie sheet of with new sheet of parchment paper; continue to prepare and bake cookie in batches of six. (Note: Sheets of parchment paper can be reused after cookies are removed.) Drizzle cookies with melted.
- chocolate, if desired. Peel cookies from parchment paper. Store in airtight container with parchment paper or waxed paper between layers to prevent cookies from sticking together.