Top Review by jasesmommy13
Made this tonight, and it was pretty good. I kind of just used this recipe as a staple and made my own chicken filling. I took 4 chicken breast put them in oven coated with chili powder, lime juice, and salt...Baked it for about 20 mins then shredded it with a fork. I added a can of green chilis and a little enchilada sauce then created finished it in the way you said to cook them. Came out goo.
- 2 cups pico de gallo, divided
- 1⁄2 cup chicken breast, cooked, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced thin
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, seeded, diced
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 12 (6 inch) tortillas
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 cup of pico de gallo, chopped chicken breast, corn, onion, bell pepper & cheese.
- On the stovetop or in the microwave oven, soften tortillas, then scoop a rounded 1/4 cup of filling onto each tortilla, then roll up tightly & secure each with a toothpick.
- Place rolled tortillas seam side down on a baking sheet & brush each lightly with oil.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until crisp & lightly browned.
- Place 2 or 3 taquitos on each plate & serve with a side of the remaining 1 cup of pico de gallo. These can be frozen for later use.