Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
from website "Chocolate Covered Katie"
Make and share this Crispy Sweet Potato Fries recipe from Food.com.
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled
- cooking spray or 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil or 1 -2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons curry powder (cinnamon for sweet fries)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (omit for sweet fries)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- How to make sweet potato fries: Preheat oven to 400F and grease a baking sheet. Cut the potatoes into fry shapes (thick or thin), then soak them in water for around 45 minutes. This is the important step to make them crispy! Drain, and pat dry. Toss the fries with the oil or oil spray in a large bowl. Add all other ingredients and mix well. Spread the fries on the baking sheet. Bake 25-30 minutes, turning halfway through. For even crispier fries, feel free to leave them in longer or broil for the last 1-2 minutes. A reader also left the advice to cook them on parchment paper, which will absorb some of the moisture.
I was really excited to try this recipe but my fries wouldn't crisp up at all. The directions say thirty minutes but I increased it to a full hour and they're still limp. They are edible but soggy. The flavor is really good though.