Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
An interesting side dish, this makes a nice and crispy change from the usual potato recipe. Feel free to use 2 yukon gold potatoes instead of the sweet potato.
- Beat egg whites and garlic powder together in a small bowl.
- Combine crushed cereal, parsley, and basil in a pie plate.
- Dip each potato slice into egg mixture and then into cereal mixture.
- Cost well.
- Place slices on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake in a preheated 435* oven for 20 minutes.
- Turn slices over and bake for 10 more minutes until tender.
Really good! I left out the herbs, and just used seasoning salt in the breading. I dipped these in a a sriracha-BBQ sauce that I threw together. We really enjoyed the crispiness and light sweetness of these sweet potato "chips."
I thought this recipe was awsome. I made it for some company that came over and everybody wanted the recipe. It was easy to prepare and gave a new twist to sweet potatoes. Definately make it again. Thank you
I really liked these sweet potatoes, my family was less enthusiastic. My youngest was just diagnosed with the corn allergy and we can't have their sweet potato mash topped with marshmellows anymore. I made it GF with Barbara's Brown rice crispies. It will be served again and they just have to get used to it.