Recipe by katii
An interesting side dish, this makes a nice and crispy change from the usual potato recipe. Feel free to use 2 yukon gold potatoes instead of the sweet potato.
Top Review by rpgaymer
Really good! I left out the herbs, and just used seasoning salt in the breading. I dipped these in a a sriracha-BBQ sauce that I threw together. We really enjoyed the crispiness and light sweetness of these sweet potato "chips."
- 1⁄8 cup egg white
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup corn flakes or 1⁄2 cup crispy rice cereal, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sweet basil leaves
- 3⁄4 lb sweet potato, with peel, cut into 1/2-inch slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat egg whites and garlic powder together in a small bowl.
- Combine crushed cereal, parsley, and basil in a pie plate.
- Dip each potato slice into egg mixture and then into cereal mixture.
- Cost well.
- Place slices on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake in a preheated 435* oven for 20 minutes.
- Turn slices over and bake for 10 more minutes until tender.