Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Something different!!A recipe from Femina that is spicy and has spinach :)
- 200 g spinach, washed,drained and shredded
- oil (for frying)
- 150 g chicken, diced into bite sized pcs
- 3 g gingerroot, minced
- 6 g garlic, minced
- 5 g cornflour
- 10 g onions, chopped
- 2 g red chilies, deseeded and chopped
- 2 g green chilies, deseeded and chopped
- sugar (I use around 1/4 tsp as we do not like it too sweet)
- 7 red cherries
- 5 green onions, sliced roughly to serve
- Marinate the chicken in a mixture of salt, sugar and cornflour for around 10 mins Put a pan on the stove with a 1/2 a tsp of oil and saute the ginger and garlic till light brown Add the chicken mixture and saute for another 3-4 mins.
- Add a little water at intervals and cook till the chicken is tender Set aside Heat some oil in a frying pan and fry the spinach till crisp.
- Drain well and keep aside.
- Heat 1/2 a tsp of oil again in a wok and saute the onions and chillies after chopping.
- Add the spinach and the stir.
- Add the cooked chicken and mix.
- Add the cherries and mix.
- Serve immediately on a bed of green onions (spring onions).