Girl from India's Note:
Something yummy and different. The trick is to have the oil really hot before putting the spinach in and the spinach will not absorb a lot of oil. It is a good starter as it is light. THe oil should be brought back to the same temperature between each batch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Separate spinach leaves from stems and wash in plenty of water.
- 2Dry leaves completely and slice into fine shreds Make sure the leaves are completely dry Dry roast sesame seeds for a few minutes till lightly coloured.
- 3Place sesame seeds, chopped green chillies, salt and sugar in separate bowls close to the stove.
- 4Line a colander with absorbent paper and place it close by.
- 5Heat oil in a wok or deep frying pan till smoking hot.
- 6Add a handful of spinach shreds and fry for a few seconds till spinach turns bright green.
- 7Remove from oil with a slotted spoon and place in the colander.
- 8Quickly sprinkle on a few sesame seeds, some green chillies, salt and sugar and toss to coat the spinach with the flavorings.
- 9Continue cooking remaining spinach in the same way.
- 10Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Spinach
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 83.0
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 100.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 5.3 g