Recipe by Girl from India
Something yummy and different. The trick is to have the oil really hot before putting the spinach in and the spinach will not absorb a lot of oil. It is a good starter as it is light. THe oil should be brought back to the same temperature between each batch.
Top Review by zoé302
Very yummy! I could just eat this all the time. Was easy to make. However, do not despair if it takes time for the spinach to turn crispy. I cooked on in a regular wok and I think the oil doesn't get hot enough so I had to cook it for about 10 minutes. It turned crispy and was so very good! Thanks, Zoe
- 500 g spinach
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green chilies
- oil (for deep frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Separate spinach leaves from stems and wash in plenty of water.
- Dry leaves completely and slice into fine shreds Make sure the leaves are completely dry Dry roast sesame seeds for a few minutes till lightly coloured.
- Place sesame seeds, chopped green chillies, salt and sugar in separate bowls close to the stove.
- Line a colander with absorbent paper and place it close by.
- Heat oil in a wok or deep frying pan till smoking hot.
- Add a handful of spinach shreds and fry for a few seconds till spinach turns bright green.
- Remove from oil with a slotted spoon and place in the colander.
- Quickly sprinkle on a few sesame seeds, some green chillies, salt and sugar and toss to coat the spinach with the flavorings.
- Continue cooking remaining spinach in the same way.
- Serve immediately.