Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This one will hit the spot for lunch or dinner.
- 1 cup cooked rice (warm or room temperature)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 green onion, finely sliced (white and green parts)
- 1⁄2 red peppers or 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 cup cooked shredded chicken
- 2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar, Mexican, colby-jack, etc.)
- sour cream
- 6 burrito-sized flour tortillas
- Mix rice together with chili powder, cumin and garlic salt. Add drained beans, green onions, sweet pepper, cilantro and lime juice. Sprinkle cheese over tortillas, leaving 1/2-inch border around edges, then arrange chicken and rice mixture down the center of each tortilla. (Adding a few dots of sour cream over the center ingredients at this point makes the wraps creamy. At this point you may, also, add a bit of salsa.) Roll the stuffed tortillas burrito style. Spray the tortillas all over with cooking spray.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat for 1 minute. Arrange 2 wraps, seam-side down, in pan and cook until golden brown and crisp, about 2-3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and repeat with remaining wraps. Serve with sour cream and salsa.
- An alternate cooking methed would be to spray as instructed (or lightly brush with vegetable oil) and place on a baking sheet in a preheated 400 degree oven. Bake until golden, about 20-30 minutes.