Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
You can use almost any fish you like with this quick and versatile recipe. Just adjust the cooking time according to the thickness of the fillet.
- 4 (6 -8 ounce) sole fillets
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄3 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- Season the fillets with salt and pepper and place in a lightly greased baking dish large enough to hold fish in one layer.
- Combine the butter and next 4 ingredients.
- Spread on fish, then top the the breadcrumbs.
- Bake in a preheated 450 degree oven for 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
A very tasty and easy recipe. It was quick to put together and the instructions were very easy to follow. The baking temp and time were perfect! I used some Planko breadcrumbs and they were excellent -- such a nice crunch to go along with the tenderness and smoothness of the sole. The sole stayed very moist. I had some organic Meyer lemons and that was ALL this fish needed when serving. Thank you -- it's so nice to know I have this quick, easy and delicious recipe in my collection.
This recipe was exactly what I was looking for--easy, fast, & delicious. It was perfect for a busy weeknight. I didn't add the breadcrumbs as I don't eat bread anymore, but I didn't miss them at all as the sauce was fantastic. Thanks for a great recipe!
YUM!!! This dish is awesome! I completely forgot about the breadcrumbs but didn't even miss it. The sauce is fantastic, I will be making this again and again. Thanks!!