Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From the local newspaper.
Make and share this Crispy Soft Shell Crabs recipe from Food.com.
- 4 soft shelled crabs, cleaned
- 1 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup salted butter
- 4 soft brioche bread or 4 hamburger buns with sesame seeds, split and lightly toasted
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- your favorite Coleslaw (optional)
- Soak the crabs in milk for 30 minutes. Mix the flour, salt, pepper, ginger, paprika and garlic powder in a bag; dredge crabs in the mixture.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute the crabs until golden-brown, 5 minutes per side.
- Spread buns with mayonnaise; top each with a crab. Dollop with coleslaw, if desired. Serve immediately.