1/1 Photo of Crispy Snickerdoodle Cookies With Sea Salt (Dairy-Free)
If you like snickerdoodles, there's a good chance you'll like these just as well. These are different than the classic, chewy version because they are instead crispy like a butter cookie. The best part is the surprising hint of sea salt baked into the cookie as well as in the coating.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In a mixing bowl cream together shortening and sugar with a mixer (handheld or stand) at medium speed until fluffy. Add salt, baking soda, cream of tartar, egg and vanilla. Reduce mixer speed to low and add in flour 1/2 cup at a time until thoroughly incorporated. If your mixer tires out, you may need to work in the last bit of flour by hand.
- 3In a small bowl, combine cinnamon, sugar and sea salt.
- 4Roll cookie dough into 1-inch balls. Then roll in the cinnamon-sugar mixture until coated.
- 5Place dough balls 2 inches apart on a greased cookie sheet (or parchment paper per your preference) and bake for 10-12 minutes until cookies spread out, appear crackled and no longer appear gooey in the center.
- 6Remove from cookie sheet and cool on a wire rack. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Snickerdoodle Cookies With Sea Salt (Dairy-Free)
Serving Size: 1 (580 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 106.4
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 7.7 mg
- Sodium 89.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 1.0 g