Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
If you like snickerdoodles, there's a good chance you'll like these just as well. These are different than the classic, chewy version because they are instead crispy like a butter cookie. The best part is the surprising hint of sea salt baked into the cookie as well as in the coating.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl cream together shortening and sugar with a mixer (handheld or stand) at medium speed until fluffy. Add salt, baking soda, cream of tartar, egg and vanilla. Reduce mixer speed to low and add in flour 1/2 cup at a time until thoroughly incorporated. If your mixer tires out, you may need to work in the last bit of flour by hand.
- In a small bowl, combine cinnamon, sugar and sea salt.
- Roll cookie dough into 1-inch balls. Then roll in the cinnamon-sugar mixture until coated.
- Place dough balls 2 inches apart on a greased cookie sheet (or parchment paper per your preference) and bake for 10-12 minutes until cookies spread out, appear crackled and no longer appear gooey in the center.
- Remove from cookie sheet and cool on a wire rack. Enjoy!