Recipe by diner524
I found this recipe on the $10 Dinners with Melissa d'Arabian and it sounds yummy. Made with ingredients I normally have on hand and it is quick and simple.
Top Review by Susie D
I used a package of 8 skinless chicken thighs and a low sodium seasoned salt, but otherwise followed the recipe. There was more than enough sauce to nicely glaze all eight thighs and even some left over to drizzle over Recipe #456438 before serving. The recipe is super easy & packs lovely flavor. I will make again. Made for Spring 2012 Pick A Chef.
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 chicken breast halves, skin-on bone-in
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup frozen orange juice concentrate
- 4 tablespoons honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Liberally salt and pepper the chicken breast halves. Heat the oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat and sear the chicken, skin side only, until brown and beginning to crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the orange glaze: In a small saucepan, heat the orange juice concentrate, honey, and salt and pepper, to taste, over medium heat, and boil for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Turn the chicken over and brush each piece with the glaze. Turn the chicken skin side up and transfer the pan to the oven. Bake until the internal temperature reaches 160 to 170 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer, brushing on more glaze halfway through, about 15 minutes in total. Let the chicken rest for 10 minutes on a cutting board. Remove the chicken breast from the bone and slice the meat on the bias. Transfer the chicken to a serving platter and serve.