Recipe by Emm Kay
This is a childhood favorite which can be served with rice or bread. Pan-fry any leftovers with turbinado sugar for a tasty appetizer.
- 3 lbs pork loin (with skin and fat attached)
- salt, for roasting
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring enough water in a pot to a rapid boil. Scald the pork skin by dipping only the skin into the water.
- Remove, then rub Marinade onto the meat side of the pork.
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- Place pork with meat side up on a wire rack inside roasting pan and roast for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove pork on to a plate. Prick the skin side all over with a fork. Rub the skin with some salt.
- Return meat to the rack once again with skin side up.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes or until the skin turns crispy and golden brown.