Recipe by joan in CNY
I used to microwave baked potatoes for about half the cooking time and finish them off in the toaster oven. My better half said they had steamed taste-not like real baked. I found this recipe in one of the many cooking magazines that I subscribe to (not sure which one).
- russet baking potatoes (as many as you want to cook)
- vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Scrub potatoes with a vegetable brush, coat with vegetable oil and sprinkle liberally with sea or kosher salt.
- Pierce twice on each side with a fork and place in a 450°F oven.
- Bake for 1 hour or more, depending on the size of potatoes.
- These are fabulous with a moist and fluffy interior and a crispy skin if you care to eat it.