Oh, boy! Imagine a basket of crispy fried shrimp.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 -4 teaspoons hot sauce, to taste (Sriracha works great)
- 3 teaspoons cajun seasoning, to taste
- 3 teaspoons salt, divided
- peanut oil or vegetable oil, for frying
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups quick-mixing flour (such as Wondra or Wondra® Instant Flour Substitute)
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons salt (to taste)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 lbs large raw shrimp, shells and tails removed
- 1To make the sauce, in a large bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, honey, hot sauce, Cajun seasoning. If your Cajun seasoning has no salt, add salt to taste; set aside.
- 2In a large cast-iron skillet or other heavy skillet over medium, heat 3/4 inch of oil to 350 degrees.
- 3Meanwhile, in a shallow bowl, whisk the eggs. In a second shallow bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, 2 teaspoons of salt and the black pepper.
- 4Working in batches, dip the shrimp first into the beaten eggs, then in the flour mixture to coat well.
- 5Fry the shrimp in the oil until golden, about 1 minute per side, adjusting the heat as necessary to maintain the oil temperature. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the fried shrimp to a plate lined with paper towels. Serve with the sauce for dipping.
Browse Our Top Cajun Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Shrimp With Spicy Cajun Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (309 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 547.5
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 324.8 mg
- Sodium 3185.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 14.3 g
- Protein 28.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: