Recipe by Shelby Jo
This is a recipe from the August/September 2008 issue of taste of home. Great for entertaining and parties! A little time consuming to prepare, but worth it!
Top Review by carolynryanlv
My DH and I really enjoyed these during our date night dinner. They are a great change of pace from jalapeno bites and they didn't take too long to make which was nice. DH kept shoveling them in as I was frying them and I had to threaten him with a spoon so there would be enough left for dinner! The coating worked well and didn't fall apart during cooking, which I was worried about. I can't wait to make them again at one of my family and friends parties!
- 20 uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 10 slices bacon, strips
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Butterfly the shrimp along the outside curves.
- Spread about 1 teaspoon cream cheese inside each shrimp.
- Cut bacon strips in half lengthwise, wrap a piece around each shrimp and secure with toothpicks.
- In three separate shallow bowls, place the flour, eggs, and bread crumbs.
- Coat the shrimp with flour, dip into eggs, then coat with bread crumbs.
- In an electric skillet or deep fat fryer, heat oil to 375°F.
- Fry shrimp, a few at a time, for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Discard toothpicks before serving.