Prep 40 mins
Cook 8 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. This appetizer makes a statement with Sriracha sauce adding some kick to a healthy, pop-in-your-mouth appetizer! Your guests get a surprise crunch with baby carrots and red pepper in these morsels!
- 14.79 ml butter, unsalted
- 78.07 ml baby carrots, finely chopped
- 78.07 ml red pepper, sweet, finely chopped
- 22.18 ml shallots, finely chopped
- 118.29 ml shrimp, cooked and finely chopped
- 28.34 g package Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing and Seasoning Mix
- 118.29 ml cream cheese, not fat free
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 14.79 ml chives, chopped
- 4.92 ml lemon juice, fresh
- 2.46 ml sriracha sauce, found in Asian aisle
- 2 (107.72 g) package miniature phyllo cups
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small skillet, melt butter over medium heat; add carrots, red pepper and shallot. Sauté for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine shrimp and 1Tbsp. of Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning; toss to coat. Add cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, chives, lemon juice and Sriracha sauce; mix until blended. Stir 1 tablespoons of Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning and reserved carrot mixture; mix well.
- Place phyllo cups on a baking sheet. Carefully spoon a teaspoonful of shrimp mixture into each cup (do not overfill).
- If serving immediately, bake for 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Drizzle with Sriracha or sprinkle with additional chives if desired.
- May be made up to 2 hours in advance, refrigerated and then baked.
Colorful and tasty appetizer. WOW!
I made these for a Super Bowl party and they were a huge hit! Everyone wanted the recipe, very tasty!
Will definitely try this for the shrimp-loving friends! It has a beautiful presentation.