Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Something special for two. The shrimp is the show in this dish paired with lightly sauced angel hair pasta.
- 4 -5 ounces angel hair pasta, cooked al dente
- 3⁄4 lb raw shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour (divided)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cajun seasoning or 1⁄2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- shredded parmesan cheese (optional)
- Sprinkle shrimp with salt, pepper and toss to combine. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon flour over the shrimp and toss to coat the shrimp. Repeat by sprinkling 1 more tablespoon flour and toss to evenly coat the shrimp.
- Melt butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. When hot, add the shrimp in a single layer and cook on each side, flipping once, until golden brown, approximately 3-4 minutes per side. Remove to plate.
- Pour in the chicken broth. Cook for about 5 minutes, whisking the bottom of the pan to deglaze. Reduce heat to medium and pour in cream, whisking constantly. Cook sauce over medium heat until bubbly and the cream starts to thicken the mixture, about 5 minutes. Adjust seasonings as desired with cajun seasonings. If too thick, add a few tablespoons additional broth.
- Add the cooked pasta and shrimp to the sauce and stir to combine. Dust with parmesan, if desired.
Made this tonight. Thought it was very good but will reduce the chicken broth to 1 Cup. Other than that it was good.