Something special for two. The shrimp is the show in this dish paired with lightly sauced angel hair pasta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -5 ounces angel hair pasta, cooked al dente
- 3/4 lb raw shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour (divided)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon cajun seasoning or 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- shredded parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1Sprinkle shrimp with salt, pepper and toss to combine. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon flour over the shrimp and toss to coat the shrimp. Repeat by sprinkling 1 more tablespoon flour and toss to evenly coat the shrimp.
- 2Melt butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. When hot, add the shrimp in a single layer and cook on each side, flipping once, until golden brown, approximately 3-4 minutes per side. Remove to plate.
- 3Pour in the chicken broth. Cook for about 5 minutes, whisking the bottom of the pan to deglaze. Reduce heat to medium and pour in cream, whisking constantly. Cook sauce over medium heat until bubbly and the cream starts to thicken the mixture, about 5 minutes. Adjust seasonings as desired with cajun seasonings. If too thick, add a few tablespoons additional broth.
- 4Add the cooked pasta and shrimp to the sauce and stir to combine. Dust with parmesan, if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Shrimp Pasta for Two
Serving Size: 1 (497 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 763.3
- Calories from Fat 403
- Total Fat 44.8 g
- Saturated Fat 19.8 g
- Cholesterol 311.6 mg
- Sodium 1959.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 35.8 g