Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: Enjoy these Festive Shrimp bundles wrapped in crispy potatoes served with a smokey, chunky Remoulade sauce. This can be easily doubled for a meal.
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 9.85 ml whole grain mustard
- 14.79 ml ketchup
- 14.79 ml white wine vinegar (I used pear chardonnay wine vinegar)
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 59.14 ml green onion, finely chopped
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh cilantro or 14.79 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 59.14 ml celery, finely diced
- 4.92 ml fresh garlic, minced
- 4.92 ml red bell pepper, minced
- 4.92-14.78 ml chipotle adobo sauce (adjust to heat tolerance)
- 283.49 g Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 1 egg, whisked
- 29.58 ml flour
- 2.46 ml seasoning salt
- 8 large shrimp, defrosted, peeled and towel dried
- vegetable oil or peanut oil, for frying
- Mix all the smokey sauce ingredients together place in a serving bowl, Chill to meld flavors while preparing the shrimp.
- Mix the hash browns, egg, flour and salt together.
- Time to play with your food!.
- Mold the mixture over each shrimp. and place on a sheet pan. Chill 1 hour.
- Pour 2 inches of peanut oil to 350 degrees and cook bundles till golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and season with salt.
- Place on a platter with smokey sauce and enjoy.
I used large bay scallops for this recipe; FANTASTIC! It's crispy and then very tender inside. Very easy recipe to follow and it will go quickly if served as an appetizer! Thanks Rita!
Simply fantastic! A breeze to put together and the flavour combination is just so good! I love the crispy potato shreds around the succulent shrimp, and the dipping sauce is delicious and could be used for a number of other dippers. Excellent instructions. A winner, Rita.