Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: Enjoy these Festive Shrimp bundles wrapped in crispy potatoes served with a smokey, chunky Remoulade sauce. This can be easily doubled for a meal.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar (I used pear chardonnay wine vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup celery, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon red bell pepper, minced
- 1 -3 teaspoon chipotle adobo sauce (adjust to heat tolerance)
- 10 ounces Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 1 egg, whisked
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 8 large shrimp, defrosted, peeled and towel dried
- vegetable oil or peanut oil, for frying
- Mix all the smokey sauce ingredients together place in a serving bowl, Chill to meld flavors while preparing the shrimp.
- Mix the hash browns, egg, flour and salt together.
- Time to play with your food!.
- Mold the mixture over each shrimp. and place on a sheet pan. Chill 1 hour.
- Pour 2 inches of peanut oil to 350 degrees and cook bundles till golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and season with salt.
- Place on a platter with smokey sauce and enjoy.
I used large bay scallops for this recipe; FANTASTIC! It's crispy and then very tender inside. Very easy recipe to follow and it will go quickly if served as an appetizer! Thanks Rita!
Simply fantastic! A breeze to put together and the flavour combination is just so good! I love the crispy potato shreds around the succulent shrimp, and the dipping sauce is delicious and could be used for a number of other dippers. Excellent instructions. A winner, Rita.