Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
Very tasty - a firm favourite! Serve with rice or noodles.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornflour
- 150 g beef frying steak, thinly sliced strips (0.5-1 cm wide)
- vegetable oil, for deep frying
- 2 carrots, finely julienned
- 1 spring onion, julienned
- 1⁄2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 red chili, finely chopped
- 10 g sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sweet chilli dipping sauce
- splash soy sauce
- Beat together eggs, salt and cornflour. Mix in the beef until well coated.
- Heat oil to 180C and deep-fry the beef strips, adding them individually. Leave them ten seconds before stirring, to prevent them sticking together.
- Cook for 6-7 minutes until brown and crispy. Don't overload the pan or they will end up soggy.
- As the beef cooks, remove it and drain on kitchen paper.
- Using a little of the frying oil, stir fry the carrot, onion, garlic and chilli. Add the sugar, vinegar, chilli sauce and soy sauce and mix.
- Add the beef and toss together.