Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
A popular restaurant starter, Crispy Seaweed is actually deep fried spring greens. Try making this at home for a cheap and easy starter or use it as a garnish for other appetizers.
- 229 g spring greens
- 250 ml peanut oil or 250 ml vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1 tablespoon rough salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash the spring greens and drip dry in a colander and then on kitchen paper.
- Remove the thick stems and finely shred the green leaves.
- Deep fry the spring greens in batches in hot oil for about 1 minute.
- Take care not to let it burn.
- Drain well and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Scatter sugar, salt and toasted sesame seeds and mix well.