Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 1⁄4 lbs sea scallops, sliced in half horizontally and patted dry
- 1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallion
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Preheat oven to 450*F.
- Lightly oil a wire rack large enough to hold scallops in a single layer over a baking sheet and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg white, vegetable oil, sesame oil and soy sauce until creamy.
- In a shallow dish, stir together bread crumbs, sesame seeds and ginger.
- Add the scallops to the egg white mixture, tossing to coat well.
- Coat each scallop with the bread crumb mixture and place on prepared rack.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until outsides are golden and centers are opaque.
- Prepare dippins sauce by combining ingredients and serve along side of the scallops.
I enjoyed this recipe. The breading was very simple and it was perfect. The dipping sauce was good.