Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
Womans Day recipe waiting to be tried.
- 1 lb fresh sea scallop (or thawed frozen)
- 3 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon oil
Chipotle Tartar Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup tartar sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chipotle hot pepper sauce
- Mix chipotle tartar sauce ingredients in a small bowl. let stand while cooking scallops.
- Gently pat scallops dry between layers of paper towels. put scallops, cornmeal, salt, and paprika in a plastic food bag; shake to coat.
- Heat oil in large non-stick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add scallops in one layer and cook 3 minutes, carefully turning once with tongs, until golden on the outside and just opaque at centers.
- Serve with sauce.
Gato said he LOVES IT, so it's clearly 4 star worthy! Unlike most folks, I like my scallops well cooked and therefore left them 4 min on each side. (Hence the darker color in the photo!) We used Recipe #210251 (+ 1t DILL relish) as the base, and used 3 chipotles in adobo. CAUTION: We like HOT, so this may not work for everyone! Made for PAC Fall 07 -- Thanks, Michelle! This is a winner for sure!