Recipe by Carol in Oregon 2
I get requests for this dish whenever I grace our table with it.
Top Review by pines506
Another dish my 8 year old prepared. Very good. The crispy topping was very good. I think, we might have left the bread chunks a little to big, but will definitely make this again. Thanks.
- 4 beaten eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups cubed bread
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal, slightly crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the eggs and milk.
- Add the sugar, black pepper, cubed bread, both cans of corn amd mix well.
- Pour into large baking dish that has been coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the softened butter and cereal and mix until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over top of corn mixture and bake, uncovered, until light golden brown.