1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This recipe actually started out as a homemade ravioli filling. I had a bunch left over after I made the ravioli, so I added a few things and came up with this. This is just a product of my imagination, so I'm interested to find out what you think. My BF devoured them the first time I made them, and when I served them at a small dinner party, they seemed to go over very well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse the scallops in fresh water and dry, then chop the scallops.
- 2The pieces should be about the size of a kernel of corn.
- 3Chop the mozzarella into the same sized pieces as the scallops.
- 4Combine scallops, mozzarella, shallots, parsley, Old Bay, oregano, thyme and salt and pepper in a bowl.
- 5Cover and chill for at least an hour.
- 6Shortly before cooking, rinse the tomatoes and half length-wise.
- 7Toss with vinegar and olive oil.
- 8Set aside.
- 9Once chilled, you will need to work quickly.
- 10Form mixture into two inch balls.
- 11Heat a non-stick pan over med-high heat.
- 12Add butter.
- 13As soon as the butter has melted and started to bubble, add the scallop balls to the pan.
- 14Press down on each ball to form the patty shape.
- 15The only thing holding the patties together is the melted cheese, so you will not be able to turn the patty until the cheese has melted and formed a crispy crust on the bottom.
- 16So, cook until the patty is dark brown and you can turn it easily.
- 17If the butter starts to burn, turn the heat down just a little bit and add a little canola oil (which has a higher burn point).
- 18Once the patties are brown on both sides, remove from pan and drain on a paper towel.
- 19The cheese should be crispy on both sides and should not stick.
- 20Serve topped with the tomato mixture.
- 21I like to serve them as a first course: two patties with a few tomato halves on top of each one.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Scallop Cakes With Balsamic Dressed Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.4
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 49.1 mg
- Sodium 425.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 13.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning