1/2 Photos of Crispy Salted Oatmeal White Chocolate Cookies
Dona England's Note:
I got this recipe from smitthkitchen.com. Use good quality white chocolate and fleur de sel salt for sprinkling on top. I used Penzey's French Grey Sea Salt.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 14 tablespoons unsalted butter, slightly softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 6 ounces good quality white chocolate baking bar, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2Whisk flour, baking powder,baking soda and table salt in a medium bowl.
- 3In a mixer beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- 4Scrape down bowl with rubber spatula then add egg and vanilla and beat until incorporated.
- 5Scrape down bowl again.
- 6Add flour mixture gradually and mix until just incorporated and smooth.
- 7Gradually add oats and white chocolate and mix until incorporated.
- 8Divide dough into 24 equal portions, about 2 tablespoons eac. Roll between palms into balls, then place on lined baking sheet 21/2 inches apart. Using fingertips, gently press down each ball to about 3/4 inch thickness.
- 9Sprinkle a flake or two of sea salt on each cookie.
- 10Bake until cookies are deep golden brown, 13-16 minutes.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Salted Oatmeal White Chocolate Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1016 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 193.4
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 27.6 mg
- Sodium 146.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 14.9 g
- Protein 2.6 g