Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe from smitthkitchen.com. Use good quality white chocolate and fleur de sel salt for sprinkling on top. I used Penzey's French Grey Sea Salt.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- 14 tablespoons unsalted butter, slightly softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups old fashioned oats
- 6 ounces good quality white chocolate baking bar, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk flour, baking powder,baking soda and table salt in a medium bowl.
- In a mixer beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Scrape down bowl with rubber spatula then add egg and vanilla and beat until incorporated.
- Scrape down bowl again.
- Add flour mixture gradually and mix until just incorporated and smooth.
- Gradually add oats and white chocolate and mix until incorporated.
- Divide dough into 24 equal portions, about 2 tablespoons eac. Roll between palms into balls, then place on lined baking sheet 21/2 inches apart. Using fingertips, gently press down each ball to about 3/4 inch thickness.
- Sprinkle a flake or two of sea salt on each cookie.
- Bake until cookies are deep golden brown, 13-16 minutes.