Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
Here's just a simple, uncomplicated little recipe for when you're in the mood for fish but not in the mood for a great big, complex meal. Pair it with a nice white or rose' wine,a simple salad, and some warm rolls. Times are approx.You're good to go.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika or 1⁄8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 6 (6 -8 ounce) salmon steaks, 3/4 inches thick
- 1 cup saltine, crushed
- 1 cup potato chips, crushed
- 6 lemon wedges
- 6 parsley sprigs
- Combine butter, salt, and paprika.
- Wipe steaks with damp cloth.
- Dip each into butter mixture; then rolled in combined saltines and potato chips.
- Arrange steaks on a lightly greased broiler rack in broiler pan. Broil, 6 inches from heat, about 5 minute.
- Turn; broil 5-8 min, or until fish flakes easily with fork. Serve each steak with wedge of lemon and a parsley sprig.
My husband and I really liked this a lot. It is so easy that it is practically failproof and the taste is wonderful. I love the crispy coating. I've used this recipe twice. The second time the grocery store was out of salmon steaks and I used filets insteaWrite a Review! (optional) d. Shortened the broiling time and it turned out great! The only thing I did was to omit the tsp. of salt...I figured the salt from the potato chips would be plenty. Thanks, Fluffster!