Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From SELF January 2006 issue
- 1 small egg yolk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 garlic clove, peeled & smashed into a paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- lemon juice
- 3 cups fat free chicken broth (or vegetable)
- 8 fennel bulbs, & leafy tops
- 4 salmon fillets (about 5 oz each)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup parsnip, diced
- 1 handful fresh basil & mint, chopped
- For aioli:.
- Whisk egg & mustard in a bowl; blend in oils. Add garlic, salt & lemon juice to taste; season with pepper.
- For Salmon:.
- Bring broth to boil in a large pan; add fennel & cook 4 minutes. Pat salmon with 1/4 t oil per side, season with salt & pepper to taste & place skin side down in a frying pan. Cook on medium heat 4 minutes; flip & cook until fish turns light pink. Remove from heat. Add parsnips to broth & cook 2 minutes. Spoon vegetables & broth into 4 bowls; place 1 fillet in each bowl & top with basil, mint & 1 1/2 t aioli sauce.