Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Easy and goes great with roasted or grilled meats. Use fresh rosemary, if you have it. Lovely! :)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 24 small about 2 pounds red potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat oil in cast iron skillet over medium high heat until hot. Add potatoes and cook for 8 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- Add remaining ingredients, toss gently.
- Place skillet in oven and bake 1 hour and 15 minutes or until browned, stirring every 30 minutes.
- Be careful not to grab the handle when you remove to serve! :).
Fabulous. Added two quartered onions which carmelized perfectly.
I pared down this recipe to serve just one. I used 3 small red potatoes and sliced them. I also used fresh rosemary, pilfered from my neighbor's yard :). I ended up cooking these right on the stove, not in the oven. The aroma of the rosemary and potatoes was just wonderful, not to mention tasting wonderful. This was quick and simple, resulting in a tender potato with a crispy outside. Thanks Messy44!