Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this handwritten recipe in my late mother-in-law's personal cookbook. I feel a connection with her when I cook a recipe that she has collected along the way.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- Heat over to 375 degrees.
- Cream butter. Add all other ingredients. Blend well. Shape into marble sized balls and flatten lightly with a fork. Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for 10-12 minutes.
These taste like a cross between cheese straws and Red Lobster's cheddar biscuits. I was expecting something like a cheesy rice crispy treat, but these turned out very rich and moist instead. Mine didn't puff up in the oven because I don't think I creamed the butter correctly (I've never done it before), but they were still enjoyed by everyone. [Made & Reviewed for PRMR]
So rich and delicately light! Made as a snack for DH to enjoy during the game and while I expected them to be rick with all the butter and cheese was very surprised by how light and tender they were. I made half recipe and was out of Tabasco so used Sriracha which gave a wonderful under that played very softly in the back ground. Must remember to make these during the holidays, thanks for the post.