Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
The title says it all: these are rice krispies candy bars kicked up with chocolate and caramel. "Yum-mo" as Rachael would say! The recipe comes from Chocolatier magazine.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (1/2 stick)
- 40 big marshmallows, cut into quarters
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (1 12-ounce package)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 25 caramel candies, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons cream (or milk)
- Butter a 9- x 13-inch pan. Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows, and cook, stirring, until melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat. Add cereal and half the chocolate chips, stirring gently to coat.
- Press the sticky mixture into the prepared pan. Cool completely.
- Cut the rice mixture into 24 bars.
- In a double boiler over barely simmering water, melt remaining 1 cup chocolate chips with 3 tablespoons water. Stir until smooth.
- Dip the top of each square into melted chocolate. Set plain side down,, on waxed paper-lined cookie sheet to cool.
- Melt the caramels and mix with 2 tablespoons cream (or milk). When bars are cool, drizzle caramel over the bars.
WoW these are delicious not you kids average rice crispy bar! These are decadent and so good! Thanks for the great recipe!