Recipe by Lorraine of AZ
The title says it all: these are rice krispies candy bars kicked up with chocolate and caramel. "Yum-mo" as Rachael would say! The recipe comes from Chocolatier magazine.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (1/2 stick)
- 40 big marshmallows, cut into quarters
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (1 12-ounce package)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 25 caramel candies, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons cream (or milk)
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter a 9- x 13-inch pan. Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows, and cook, stirring, until melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat. Add cereal and half the chocolate chips, stirring gently to coat.
- Press the sticky mixture into the prepared pan. Cool completely.
- Cut the rice mixture into 24 bars.
- In a double boiler over barely simmering water, melt remaining 1 cup chocolate chips with 3 tablespoons water. Stir until smooth.
- Dip the top of each square into melted chocolate. Set plain side down,, on waxed paper-lined cookie sheet to cool.
- Melt the caramels and mix with 2 tablespoons cream (or milk). When bars are cool, drizzle caramel over the bars.