Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A guilt-free sweet treat! Perfect for lunch boxes, backpacks, briefcases, etc. Adapted from The Great American Detox Diet by Alex Jamieson. Cooking time is refrigerating time.
- 236.59 ml almond butter
- 236.59 ml agave nectar
- 1419.54 ml puffed brown rice cereal
- 118.29 ml coarsely chopped almonds
- Lightly oil a 9" x 13" glass baking dish and a large mixing bowl.
- In a small saucepan, combine the nut butter and agave nectar. Melt over low heat, stirring, until completely melted and well blended. Remove from heat. Cool until not too hot to touch.
- Lightly oil your hands. In the mixing bowl, mix cereal and nuts with the almond butter mixture.
- Press the mixture into the baking dish and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until firm. Cut into 2-inch squares and serve.
This recipe is really easy and really good! (And for about $12 a batch I was very relieved!) I'm going to try different nut butters and see how they turn out too. Two thumbs up on this one! Thanks for sharing it!
These taste and look exactly like Full Bars. I love that this is made using simple ingredients and is naturally sweetened. Make sure to get puffed BROWN rice (sold in bags in the natural foods section, near the cereal). The other conventional kinds have extra ingredients and is made of white rice. It makes a huge pan that will probably last a week or more. Do these freeze well? Thanks for the recipe!