Prep 25 mins
Cook 4 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. Crispy chicken tenders with hidden Valley Ranch enhanced coating and served with a creamy Hidden Valley Ranch spinach dipping sauce.
- oil, I use a deep fat fryer (for frying)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2⁄3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (1 ounce) package Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dips Mix
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
Ranch Spinach Dipping Sauce
- 10 ounces frozen spinach
- 8 ounces chive & onion cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
- 4 ounces water chestnuts, chopped
- 1 small shallots, chopped or 1⁄3 cup shallot
- 3 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Make the Ranch Spinach Dip first to give the flavors a chance to marry and chill.
- Cook the spinach as package directs, then put in a drainer and squeeze out all the moisture, then wrap a clean towel around and squeeze out the excess moisture, set aside.
- Next chop the shallots you want about 1/3 a cup here.
- Chop the fresh chives.
- Chop the water chestnuts, or buy them that way.
- Put the cream cheese in a medium bowl and add the ranch dressing, whip with a electric mixer to combine.
- Then add the water chestnuts, spinach, shallot, chives and pepper.
- Mix well, cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- Pre heat your fryer to 375°.
- Meanwhile, put the flour and cayenne in one shallow plate.
- Put the eggs and water in a second plate and whip to combine.
- In a third shallow plate (I use a pie plate) Combine the bread crumbs, parmeaean cheese, pepper, ranch dip mix, lemon zest, thyme and oregano.
- Cut the chicken breasts into strips 1 inch wide and about 3 to 4 inches long.
- Put chicken in a plastic bag and pound out to flatten a little.
- This will make them cook faster and more evenly.
- Dredge the chicken first in the flour, then dip in the egg wash, and roll in the seasoned bread crumbs.
- Drop small amounts into the hot fat and fry about 4 to 5 minutes or until golden and crispy internal temp is 150 °and juices run clear.
- Serve hot with the Ranch Spinach Dipping Sauce.