Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. Crispy chicken tenders with hidden Valley Ranch enhanced coating and served with a creamy Hidden Valley Ranch spinach dipping sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- oil, I use a deep fat fryer (for frying)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (1 ounce) package Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dips Mix
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
Ranch Spinach Dipping Sauce
- 1Make the Ranch Spinach Dip first to give the flavors a chance to marry and chill.
- 2Cook the spinach as package directs, then put in a drainer and squeeze out all the moisture, then wrap a clean towel around and squeeze out the excess moisture, set aside.
- 3Next chop the shallots you want about 1/3 a cup here.
- 4Chop the fresh chives.
- 5Chop the water chestnuts, or buy them that way.
- 6Put the cream cheese in a medium bowl and add the ranch dressing, whip with a electric mixer to combine.
- 7Then add the water chestnuts, spinach, shallot, chives and pepper.
- 8Mix well, cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- 9Pre heat your fryer to 375°.
- 10Meanwhile, put the flour and cayenne in one shallow plate.
- 11Put the eggs and water in a second plate and whip to combine.
- 12In a third shallow plate (I use a pie plate) Combine the bread crumbs, parmeaean cheese, pepper, ranch dip mix, lemon zest, thyme and oregano.
- 13Cut the chicken breasts into strips 1 inch wide and about 3 to 4 inches long.
- 14Put chicken in a plastic bag and pound out to flatten a little.
- 15This will make them cook faster and more evenly.
- 16Dredge the chicken first in the flour, then dip in the egg wash, and roll in the seasoned bread crumbs.
- 17Drop small amounts into the hot fat and fry about 4 to 5 minutes or until golden and crispy internal temp is 150 °and juices run clear.
- 18Serve hot with the Ranch Spinach Dipping Sauce.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Ranch Chicken Tenders With Ranch Dipping Sauce #RSC
Serving Size: 1 (286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 599.5
- Calories from Fat 362
- Total Fat 40.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 199.9 mg
- Sodium 876.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 28.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dips Mix