For an extra burst of truffle flavor, substitute 1 teaspoon of truffle salt for part of the sea salt
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Add 1 teaspoon salt to the water. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce to a simmer and cook the potatoes until they are very tender but not overcooked, about 10 minutes.
- 2Remove the potatoes from the water and let them drain on a dishtowel, gently patting to dry. Allow to cool.
- 3Gently press down on one potato with a spatula to gently flatten it to about 1/2 inch thick. Repeat, one potato at a time, until all the potatoes are flattened. Don’t worry if some break apart a bit; they are still fine to use.
- 4Cover a large rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil; this reduces cleanup. Transfer the flattened potatoes carefully to the baking sheet.
- 5Heat the oven to 450°F Pour the olive oil over the potatoes and sprinkle with the remaining salt and a few grinds of black pepper. Lift the potatoes gently to make sure some of the oil goes underneath them and that they are well coated on both sides. Roast the potatoes, about 10 to 15 minutes, turning over once gently with a spatula. Continue to roast fingerlings for about another 10 minutes until they’re crispy and deep brown around the edges,. Remove from oven.
- 6Drizzle each potato with a few drops of truffle oil and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy "Smashed" Potatoes With Truffle Oil
Serving Size: 1 (13 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 89.5
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1162.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: