Prep 22 mins
Cook 55 mins
Great way to start a party is with a great appetizer. I have included the chill time in the cooking time. If you can't find Champagne mustard, your favorite one will work just fine.
- 1 (17 1/3 ounce) package puff pastry, thawed
- 1 (4 1/4 ounce) jarchampagne mustard
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 8 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Place 1 sheet of pastry on a work surface and spread 1/2 of the mustard evenly over the pastry.
- Combine the cheese, oregano, and garlic powder in a small bowl.
- Spinkle cheese mixture over mustard.
- Arrange half of the prosciutto slices evenly over cheese mixture and lightly press the prosciutto into the cheese.
- Roll up pastry from both long sides, jellyroll fashion, until rolls meet in the middle.
- Repeat procedure with remaining pastry sheet, mustard, cheese mixture, and prosciutto.
- Cover rolls in plastic wrap and chill for at least 30 minute.
- Cut rolls crosswise inot 1/2-inch slices. The slices will resemble a figure 8.
- Place slices on a lightly greased baking sheet and brush tops with the egg.
- Bake for 25 min or until puffed and golden.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.