Recipe by Rita~
Rice flour gives this a nice crunch. Backhousia citriodora (common names lemon myrtle, lemon scented myrtle, lemon scented ironwood) is a flowering plant in the family Myrtaceae. From subtropical rainforests of central and south-eastern Queensland, Australia, with a natural distribution from Mackay to Brisbane. Other common names are sweet verbena tree, sweet verbena myrtle, lemon scented verbena, and lemon scented backhousia.
Top Review by breezermom
These are very good! The combination of the lemon myrtle, chili powder, and paprika are wonderful. I added a bit of lemon pepper as well. Really enjoyed these today for lunch. Thanks for sharing! Made for ZWT8.
- 24 large prawns, peeled, deveined with tails on
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 tablespoon ground lemon myrtle or 1 tablespoon ground lemon verbena
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika or 1 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- 1 pinch chili powder
- peanut oil
- red pepper flakes
- lime slice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 inch of oil in a frying pan.
- Mix rice flour, lemon myrtle, paprika, chili and salt to taste. Toss prawns into mixture. Remove excess flour.
- Fry shrimp over heat heat 1 minute per side.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes, salt and a slice of lime.