Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Rice flour gives this a nice crunch. Backhousia citriodora (common names lemon myrtle, lemon scented myrtle, lemon scented ironwood) is a flowering plant in the family Myrtaceae. From subtropical rainforests of central and south-eastern Queensland, Australia, with a natural distribution from Mackay to Brisbane. Other common names are sweet verbena tree, sweet verbena myrtle, lemon scented verbena, and lemon scented backhousia.
- 24 large prawns, peeled, deveined with tails on
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 tablespoon ground lemon myrtle or 1 tablespoon ground lemon verbena
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika or 1 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- 1 pinch chili powder
- peanut oil
- red pepper flakes
- lime slice
- Heat 1 inch of oil in a frying pan.
- Mix rice flour, lemon myrtle, paprika, chili and salt to taste. Toss prawns into mixture. Remove excess flour.
- Fry shrimp over heat heat 1 minute per side.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes, salt and a slice of lime.
These are very good! The combination of the lemon myrtle, chili powder, and paprika are wonderful. I added a bit of lemon pepper as well. Really enjoyed these today for lunch. Thanks for sharing! Made for ZWT8.