Recipe by ~Leslie~
This is such an addictive appetizer, they will disappear in a flash, and are so impressive looking. Can also be served for lunch or side dish. Simple to make and so tasty, hope you enjoy!
Top Review by bluemoon downunder
Attractive and delicious! And so quick to make: a great addition to anyone’s recipe collection. These would be such fantastic appetisers, and I can well imagine them being snaffled fast! I look forward to serving them that way in the future! On this occasion, however, I was making something for myself for a rather exotic solo dinner (!) so I halved the recipe and this became a fabulously simple-to-make and scrumptious dinner for one! I don’t care for gherkin, so I used very thinly sliced Lebanese cucumber. I used creamy Greek yoghurt, and I added one grind of black pepper, and ¼ teaspoon of lemon zest. When serving for everyday purposes, this would be equally delicious served in lettuce cups or on a bed of baby spinach leaves. Just wonderful! I did sneak just a small portion of the filling to my Burmese cat. For him this was yum-yum-yum food. Those with cats will know what I’m talking about: a feline expression of joy while eating! Thank you, sarahsmomi, for a fabulous recipe!
- 8 spring roll wrappers
- 1 cup chopped prawns or 1 cup cooked shrimp
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon plain fat-free yogurt or 1 tablespoon fat free sour cream
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 gherkin, sliced
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil to 350°F.
- Place 2 spring roll wrappers together with corners not matching.
- Lower wrappers into hot oil then immediately push soup ladle into center to form a cup.
- Cook until golden, lift and drain on absorbent paper.
- Allow to cool.
- Combine filling ingredients except gherkin. Spoon into crisp basket.
- Garnish with gherkin and serve.