Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is such an addictive appetizer, they will disappear in a flash, and are so impressive looking. Can also be served for lunch or side dish. Simple to make and so tasty, hope you enjoy!
- 8 spring roll wrappers
- 1 cup chopped prawns or 1 cup cooked shrimp
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon plain fat-free yogurt or 1 tablespoon fat free sour cream
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 gherkin, sliced
- oil (for frying)
- Heat oil to 350°F.
- Place 2 spring roll wrappers together with corners not matching.
- Lower wrappers into hot oil then immediately push soup ladle into center to form a cup.
- Cook until golden, lift and drain on absorbent paper.
- Allow to cool.
- Combine filling ingredients except gherkin. Spoon into crisp basket.
- Garnish with gherkin and serve.
Attractive and delicious! And so quick to make: a great addition to anyone’s recipe collection. These would be such fantastic appetisers, and I can well imagine them being snaffled fast! I look forward to serving them that way in the future! On this occasion, however, I was making something for myself for a rather exotic solo dinner (!) so I halved the recipe and this became a fabulously simple-to-make and scrumptious dinner for one! I don’t care for gherkin, so I used very thinly sliced Lebanese cucumber. I used creamy Greek yoghurt, and I added one grind of black pepper, and ¼ teaspoon of lemon zest. When serving for everyday purposes, this would be equally delicious served in lettuce cups or on a bed of baby spinach leaves. Just wonderful! I did sneak just a small portion of the filling to my Burmese cat. For him this was yum-yum-yum food. Those with cats will know what I’m talking about: a feline expression of joy while eating! Thank you, sarahsmomi, for a fabulous recipe!
Really yummy!! DH just finished his third one and actually wants more!! OY OY OY, Leslie!!!