Recipe by Marie
I am always searching for new ways to serve potatoes. This recipe is courtesy of the Food Network's "How to Boil Water".
Top Review by LonghornMama
Fantastic! Everyone loved these! Nice that they're made entirely on the stove. I browned them quite a bit until they were nice and crispy. Wouldn't change a thing. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs red potatoes, unpeeled and quartered into 1 1/2" pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 slices bacon, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 -2 clove minced garlic
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the potatoes and salt in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat and simmer for 1 minute, then drain and pat dry.
- In skillet, saute bacon over medium heat and cook until crispy.
- Remove bacon with a slotted spoon and set aside on paper towels.
- Add butter to bacon fat and increase heat to medium.
- Add potatoes to pan so that the cut sides get nice and brown.
- Cook, turning only as needed until the potatoes are golden brown, about 25 minutes.
- Stir in parsley, garlic and bacon and stir until lightly browned.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.