Mama Tia's Note:
Not a dessert, but a hashbrown variation with lots more nutrition. Use an oven-proof skillet. (Cast-iron works great and imparts iron to the foods you cook in it as well)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 red bell peppers or 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 large baking potatoes, peeled, grated and squeezed dry
- 1 large zucchini, grated and squeezed dry
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1Preheat broiler.
- 2In large, ovenproof skillet, heat 1 tablespoons oil over medium heat.
- 3Add pepper, onion and garlic, cook until softened, about 8 minutes; set aside.
- 4In large bowl, combine pepper mixture, potatoes, zucchini, dill, salt and pepper.
- 5Stir in egg.
- 6In same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium -high heat.
- 7Add veggie mixture, pressing down to flatten.
- 8Cook until bottom browns, about 5 minutes.
- 9Invert onto plate, then slide cake back into skillet, browned side up.
- 10Cook until bottom browns, about 5 minutes.
- 11Sprinkle with parmesan.
- 12Broil until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Potato-Zucchini Cake
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 155.1
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 38.9 mg
- Sodium 471.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 4.5 g